The Journal of Adventist Education® (JAE) is a professional journal for Seventh-day Adventist® teachers from kindergarten through university level, as well as educational administrators at all levels. Published quarterly, each issue features informational and practical articles on a variety of topics relating to Christian education and the integration of faith and learning in the classroom. Products typically advertised in The Journal include:
- graduate programs targeted to teachers and administrators
- curriculum and instructional products and resources
- books, DVDs, or Websites
- print, digital, and electronic resources
- seminars and professional development training for Adventist educators
The Journal is published digitally 4 times per year and reaches an audience of more than 90,000 educators in 13 divisions and one attached field of the Seventh-day Adventist Church [https://www.adventist.org/en/world-church/].
Advertising rates and policies listed below are for the print edition and include the Webpage. Ads published in the print edition will reach educators in the following regions:
Specifications for ads on the Webpage are available upon request.
I. ADVERTISMENT RATES
SIZE OF ADVERTISEMENT
II. ADVERTISMENT DEADLINES BY ISSUE
III. TECHINICAL SPECIFICATIONS
All ad files must be sent to us in digital form, PDF high-resolution, JPEG, & TIFF files. A color proof must be submitted with advertising.
|Dot Gain||Standard SWOP|
|Paper Size||8 ¼” wide by 10 13/16” tall for inside full page ad|
|8 ¼” wide by 9 7/16” tall for full page ad on the back cover|
|BACK COVER FULL PAGE||8.5" x 9.58"|
|FULL PAGE||7" X 9.25"|
|FULL PAGE BLEED||8.5" X 11.25"|
|HALF-PAGE||7" X 4.75"|
|THIRD-PAGE VERTICAL||2.25" X 9.25"|
|THIRD-PAGE HORIZONTAL||7" X 3.75"|
A 15 percent discount is available for ads placed in four consecutive issues. A 10 percent discount is available for ads placed in two consecutive issues.
A 25 percent discount is available to departments within the General Conference and institutions subsidized by the same.
First-time ads qualify for a 15 percent discount. This discount may not be combined with the Frequency or Subsidized discounts.
Types of Advertising
- The Journal of Adventist (JAE) editorial staff makes every effort to ensure that published advertisements reflect denominational standards and principles. NOTE: JAE, nor its publisher, The General Conference Education Department, does not necessarily endorse the product or service advertised, although every effort is made to ensure its legitimacy.
- The editorial staff reserves the right to refuse or discontinue any ad, as well as edit according to editorial policies.
- Advertising is accepted from denominationally-owned institutions or other Adventist-owned and Adventist-operated institutions that are members of Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries (ASI).
- Ads from institutions or organizations not affiliated with the Adventist Church, but deemed beneficial to The Journal’s reading audience, may be accepted upon approval of the editorial staff.
- Advertising is accepted from local churches. Such requests must be accompanied by a letter of support and acknowledgement from a pastor or conference or division leadership.
Ad Placement and Editing
- Unless specifically requested (typically on a first-come, first-served basis), ads are placed according to space and at will of the designer/art director. If the desired space is unavailable, every effort will be made to substitute with an equivalent space. If this is not acceptable, and the advertiser is unable to wait until the space becomes available, The Journal will refund the purchase.
- An additional fee equal to 15 percent of the ad rate will be added to all ads requiring design or re-design to meet specifications.
- Any photography, artwork, layout, or design done by The Journal of Adventist Education’s designer/art director will be billed to the advertiser. The editorial staff will attempt to notify advertisers if ads do not meet specifications. If advertiser cannot be located in time to meet the publication deadline, the fee will be added to the invoice.
- The Journal of Adventist Education reserves the right to make minor adjustments to the ad to satisfy editorial policies and conform to space requirements. The Journal is not responsible for typos, misspellings, or other errors present in files submitted, but will make every effort to contact advertiser to ensure a clean copy.
- Once the ad is published, an invoice will be sent and payment is due upon receipt.
- Prepayment is required for ads purchased for publication in consecutive issues.
- Past due accounts, 30 days beyond date of invoice, may be subject to late payment fees of 3% of balance, per month.
- The Journal of Adventist Education reserves the right to increase advertising rates without notice. Advertisers purchasing consecutive advertising will not be affected by rate increases for the duration of the contracted advertising period.
- Payment may be in the form of check, money order, or credit card. Contact Chandra Goff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 301-680-5069 for more information.
- Advertisers may, with three months’ notice (or by the advertising deadline), cancel a single ad or consecutive ad. Cancellation will incur a $150 charge per ad. The balance will be refunded.
- The Journal may refuse to change or cancel an ad if the deadline is past since placement affects layout and design. In this event, the advertiser will be responsible for full payment of the entire cost of the ad as agreed upon within the contract.
VI. AD SUBMISSION
How to submit your Ad:
- Submit a request to Chandra Goff at email@example.com. First-time advertisers who are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church must include a signed letter of support from their pastor or conference or division leadership verifying the product or program being advertised.
- Advertiser must include contact information such as name, address, and telephone number.
- Request should include how many times the ad should be published (single or consecutive publication).
- Enclose payment in full for each month the ad is to run (consecutive publication). Make checks payable to The Journal of Adventist Education.
- Payment is accepted in the form of checks, money orders, or credit cards. Mailed payments may be sent to The Journal of Adventist Education, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904.
VIII. CONTACT INFORMATION
For advertising information or questions:
Chandra Goff, Administrative Assistant
All other inquiries:
Faith-Ann McGarrell, Editor
The Journal of Adventist Education
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring, MD 20904-6600