NOTICE: Continuing Education Materials and Tests
Continuing Education (CE) Study Materials and Tests are no longer available through The Journal of Adventist Education® (JAE)
CE courses will now be delivered by The Adventist Learning Community (ALC) at http://www.adventistlearningcommunity.com/, in partnership with the North American Division Office of Education (NADOE).
Kindly contact the following individuals to receive more information:
Accessing scores for tests completed prior to 2015:
Email: or call 909 583-3661.
Receiving CE Credit: Union Conference Certification Registrar.
ALC Course Delivery:
Continuing Education Materials Available FREE in PDF Format
The continuing education study materials are available to download in PDF format. Type CONTINUING EDUCATION in the "Search All Fields" option provided in the Search box at the top of this screen. A list of the topics will be displayed in your browser. Follow the instructions for downloading these materials.
List of Available Topics
- Bible Doctrines: “The Christian Understanding of God and Human Existence” Part I, by Richard Rice.
- Bible Doctrines: “The Mission of the Church, Eschatology, and the Sabbath” Part II, by Richard Rice.
- Seventh-day Adventist Health Message: “Light for Living—A Study of the Seventh-day Adventist Health Message” Part I, by Joyce W. Hopp and Christine Neish.
- Seventh-day Adventist Health Message: “Light for Living—Choosing a Healthy Life-Style” Part II, by Joyce W. Hopp and Christine Neish.
- Hermeneutics: (UPDATED 1/13) “Hermeneutics: Basic Principles for Interpreting Inspired Writings” Single-part article, by Michael W. Campbell.
- Bible/Spirit of Prophecy: “Inspiration/Revelation: What It Is and How It Works” Part I, Part II, and Part III, by Roger W. Coon.
- Denominational History: “Tell It to the World," Part I and Part II, by C. Mervyn Maxwell; test and objectives by Joe Engelkemier.
- The Philosophy of Adventist Education: “Redemptive Education: A Philosophic Foundation” Part I; “Redemptive Education: Implications of Philosophy for Adventist Education” Part II; and “Redemptive Education: Implications of Philosophy for Adventist Education (Continued)” Part III, by George R. Knight.